Thursday, October 25, 2012

Sunshine On My Shoulders

This is a Norfolk Pine at the rv park where I will be staying.

Wednesday.  Chilly morning, though clear and sunny.  I was on the beach all by myself for the longest time.  The warmth of the sun felt good since the air was still cool.  It felt as though I had stepped back in time.  Kind of strange.  I went out to the end of the pier and watched the gulls and pelicans and an occasional cormorant.  The end of the pier sways just a titch as the ocean swells move toward shore.  It is comforting to me though I imagine some may find it disturbing.  It is also very quiet at the end of the pier.  Almost as if nothing else exists.  Here too, I was alone for the longest time.

The gulls were sitting on the pier railings again, probably warming up from cool night.  They don't even fly off when I walk by.  They are either not scared or just lazy.  As I got closer to the beach the sound of the crashing waves was very apparent.  Some of the bicyclists who are riding along the coast this week were all gathered at the beginning of the pier, so their chatter added to the sound factor.  It was as though I was back to reality.  But perhaps the end of the pier is the real reality.  Who knows?  

This a a huge Norfolk Pine in someones back yard.
I spent the rest of the day in Morro Bay, visiting Chris, getting the hairs cut and arranging for staying at the rv park.  I also broke down and got an ice cream cone.  Definitely one of my down falls.  Walked the embarcadero and was amazed to see how many seals have taken up residency along the boat dock in the harbor.  They are even on the rocks that shore up the embankment.  Their barking was extremely loud as it echoed from under the walk ways of people walking the boardwalk.  There was another group out on a floating dock near the boat buoys.   I think this was used by boaters at one time, but no more. 

On the news, they were talking about the shark attack of a surfer on a beach south of here and officials feel that with the increase of seals in the area, these attacks may become more frequent.  It was sad to hear about the loss of this young mans life while surfing.   




Today is again warm and sunny.  Absolutely the best time of the year to be on the central coast.  It will be different in a few months when the rain and wind arrive.  The motel owners are off taking care of final paperwork.  Next Tuesday is the scheduled day.  I can see and feel their stress.  All I can do is encourage them to breathe!

I will need to go to Paso Robles to get the part I need for the motor home.  The little place in Morro Bay only carries a limited supply and they do not have what I need.  I'll go after the owners return.  Maybe the gas will be cheaper there too.  It is still spendy at the coastal areas.  Most things are.  

This is a picture of a Norfolk Pine at a mobile home park.


Morro Rock at the end of the Embarcadero
You can do your own size comparisons by looking at the buildings and vehicles on the street.
For now, I am finishing this writing, caring for Emmy Lu, checking out guests and reading. It is rather quiet right now, so we'll see what the balance of the day brings.  All good, I am certain.

"If I keep a green bough in my heart, then the singing bird will come."

-  Chinese Proverb

Enjoy your green boughs!



1 comment:

  1. Sounds beautiful! Wish I were there :-) Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete