Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Flowers!



Mid October on the Central Coast and flowers are blooming everywhere.  Geraniums, jasmine, succulents and so many more.  It is fascinating to have left an area where the flowers are in the late blooming season and arrive here and see so much color.  It almost looks as though mid summer is the season.

Almost all of these flowering plants are at local motels.  Some are in pots, some in flower boxes and others are part of their landscaping.  There is such a sense of pride and creativity with how the different owners present their properties.  It is truly lovely.

Millie let me know that Dr. Oz is discussing genetically modified organisms (GMO's) on his show today.  I am interested in what he has to say.  Let the truth be known.  I think the truth is all that the consuming public wants to know.  There are only weeks since the California voters have the opportunity to voice their wants on Prop. 37.  Great timing for this show.  If you miss it you can always check it out on his web site.  I would think it will be in the newspapers too.  


I have finally received all of the awaited papers and my vehicle license plates and tags. Thank you, Darlene.   I also had to fill out a form for the Post Office to add information on my new address which they left off.  This was part of the problem.  I wonder how long it will take them to do this.  I will cross my fingers, though holding my breath sounds too dangerous.  

I checked out the rv place in Morro Bay.  Looks good and the owner/manager was very nice and friendly.  The price is a little more than I would prefer, however, it is literally in the middle of town and within walking distance of everything.  Now it is just deciding how long I want to stay there.  

"For if one link in nature's chain might be lost, another might be lost, 
until the whole of things will vanish piecemeal."
-  Thomas Jefferson

Enjoy your flowers!





No comments:

Post a Comment