Monday, October 15, 2012

Winnnndy!!!

Occasionally the Santa Ana winds blow on the Central Coast.  Sunday morning was one of those days.  There ends up being sand storms on the beach and sand gets into just about everything.  I still took two walks on the beach, saw the whale skin, picked up treasures and trash and collaborated with several dogs.  The birds were doing their usual things in the surf and children were laughing and screaming as they played in the water.  Such fun for them.

The gem and mineral show was held this weekend so I meandered through the boxes and boxes and displays and displays of rough stones and rock and handcrafted necklaces, bracelets and rings.  I haven't been to one of these events in quite a while and had forgotten the amazing energies they emit.  I came across several I would have loved to take with me, however, weight is a huge consideration on this adventure.  I am certain I may be over my weight limit, as it is.  I brought a few with me when I left on this adventure and gave many to my son and daughter-in-law before I departed.  Adding rocks at this time is probably a poor idea.

But wait!!  When I lived here in the early 2000's, I gathered quite a few flat lava stones that were dredged from the harbor entrance and dumped on the beach. (They do this every couple of years to keep the harbor entrance open for the boats coming in and out.)   I have had these stones, and used them in my work, all these years and before I left the foothills, they beckoned to be returned home.  They are in the motor home now, so I will be taking them back to where I collected them.  Seems to me that that could be an exchange of weight.  What do you think?  Rational thinking and logical, if you ask me.

While I was admiring some of the treasures, a former student, from when I lived here, came up and said "Hi."  I saw her last summer with another former student, and it was a nice surprise to see her again.  She lives in Santa Maria, about an hour away.  She gave me a sweet piece of Lapis Lazuli to keep in my wallet.  


I was informed it will increase my wealth.  I'm all for that!

For any of you who might have doubted the jade plant information in my previous blog, here are two more pictures showing just how tall they are and that they truly are chopped off.







This hedge is well over my head.  It seems to be about six plus feet tall.  Early morning shadows.









This is the same hedge taken from a different angle.  Look at the height of the street sign.  I may have underestimated the actual height.  (Cute fire hydrant.)  The almost white spots are where branches have been removed.



This morning I picked up two pelican feathers that were on the beach.  It is amazing to see so many feathers.  Some are stuck in sand at the quill end and others are feather tip end first.  Some are almost completely buried while others are completely exposed.  


One of these days I will expound on the similarities of feathers and leaves.  Thought about this several years ago and it keeps coming back to my mind.  Very interesting.

Today I will be checking further into the rv sites in Morro Bay.  I am aware of my need to thoroughly check the places I can take the motor home, as I am quite tall and wide.  Well, maybe not me specifically, though certainly the motor home.  A couple of inches can make a huge difference.  Also, the arms of the mirrors stick way out.  And then I have the awning arms that account for extra width.  Getting stuck or wedged is a picture I prefer to avoid.  My, my, my!

Definitely warmer today, even though it was again quite windy first thing this morning.  It is calm now, sun is shinning and I am on with the day.  Big sigh.

Enjoy wherever you are!

No comments:

Post a Comment