Monday, July 22, 2013

- FLORENCE 2 -

Monday, July 22nd



Florence Old Town is filled with tons of beautiful flowers.  The shop owners take advantage of the weather and plant flowers almost everywhere.  The variety and colors are bright and cheerful and add so much to the sweet area they have created in Old Town.  

Florence is about a mile and a half from the RV park where I am staying so I had to be very mindful of what I purchased due to my walk back, which was uphill.  Not to mention the wind that rushed up the river from the ocean.  This was so strong and I looked as though I had been in a wind tunnel by the time I arrived back to the park.

I found two shops that carried homemade fudge and both proved to be delicious.  I only purchased a small amount from each of them.   I also came across a lovely bakery.  I purchased a marionberry scone, chocolate cake cup cake with chocolate ganache on top, a single serve cheese/bacon quiche and a small round rye bread with cocoa rather than caraway seeds.  I am excited to try all of these different flavors.  Oops, I almost forgot I also purchased three cookies.  I am now officially out of frozen cookie dough balls!  Withdrawals!!!

The woman working in the bakery was a total delight.  Her name is Mitch (a variation of Michelle) and she was so good at talking with people and answering their questions.  She and I chatted quite a bit between customers.  She was completely friendly with everyone and made everyone feel at ease.  She is perfect for what she is doing.  Everyone should be so lucky to love what they do.

Some good news.  My membership card is out for delivery today.  And if the powers to be continue to shine, I will finally have it today.  It is only about six weeks late.  I am curious to know where the other two cards are that I never received at other locations.  

Secondly, I had an issue at one of the parks in California.  I made contact with the manager and today we finally came to a positive resolution.  I am grateful to hear that the staff that failed to respond at the time are no longer with them and they are also working to get a Verizon booster to make cell service, at least for some, available in the park.  The manager was thankful that I contacted them with the issue so it could be handled rather than post a complaint on line.  I have learned it is always better to be kind and respectful when dealing with difficult matters as usually the results are much more desirable and satisfactory to all concerned.

While in Old Town Florence I came across a small farmer's market and one of the vendors was offering some wonderful produce.  I tasted a white peach, which was totally yummy and full of flavor (reminds me of Machado"s), and drooled over all the other fruits and veggie's.  Since I had to be thinking of the weight I was carrying, I decided to come back on the day I move on and purchase some produce then.  Very excited about this.  The tomato's looked amazing.

I could have meandered for hours though I wanted to have enough energy to walk back to the park, rather than have to call a cab because I had too much to carry or was too tired to do the job.  Walking across the bridge was tricky.  It was extremely windy and I had to be very conscious to maintain my balance on the narrow walkway.  I took a few pictures from the bridge though I also had to watch the traffic so I avoided having a car be a colorful blur in the middle of the shot.

There are more things to relate and I will do this in my next writing.  I am learning so many things about places and people and I feel as though I have just begun.  I am learning where I feel the best and what I am fine with leaving behind me.  A most wonderful Adventure!



To all those celebrating,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Sandy!



Friends are like seashells
we collect along the way!
a plaque given to me by a friend

Enjoy your friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment