Monday, July 15, 2013

- KLAMATH 8 -

Monday, July 15th



I am here at Klamath for one more night.  I will leave California tomorrow morning and head north along the Oregon coast.  I'm unsure just how far I will go tomorrow, so we'll just have to wait and see what shows up.  I truly could stay here and learn the camp hosting thing and then stay through October although I feel it is time to move.

If I did that I would then return to Morro Bay for the winter.  It is the perfect place to be during those cold months as it is more temperate.  Where I currently am it is cold and rainy almost all of the winter.  Last time I checked, I am not a duck or salmon.  They actually close the park here from November to May because of the weather and the conditions.



Yesterday was a beautiful walk through the trees to the ocean.  There is all kinds of moss on the trees which gives the branches a rather fuzzy sort of look.  Probably not as soft to touch as it looks.  Some of it is light green, beige and darker green.  And some of it is so long it hangs from the branches.

Along the walk in a few secluded places one finds foxglove flowers in the middle of all the ferns and other green growing plants.  The purple stands out very vivid and is so beautiful.  I have been very careful to avoid touching it as I have been told it is toxic to people.  



By the time I arrived at the cliffs above the ocean, it was foggy and all I could do was enjoy the mist of the fog, the sound of the surf and the smell of the ocean air.  It was great even though there was zero visibility of the shoreline at all.  Kind of funny.

So, I sat on a rock and vegetated a bit before heading back to the RV park.  I started the walk which was uphill with a speed limit of 25 mph.  I, of course, was unable to accomplish this speed.  Downhill was much easier and I think it took me about half the time as getting there.  Also kind of funny.

Membership card was not received again today.  Conversations with the company provided some extra amenities and a good connection with the manager.  This may prove beneficial in the future.  One never knows.  Things happen for a reason.  Most of the time we fail to know exactly why.

I guess I'll just have to bake some of the few cookie dough balls that are in the freezer to get me through these trying times.  Not really.  I have also developed a kind of friendship with the woman who works in the post office here.  She has been so kind in checking the park box for me.  There are a lot of nice people in this world if you just give them a chance.  And I try to remember that most of them are doing the best they can.




To all those celebrating,
Happy Birthday!


"Life is not a path of coincidence, happenstance and lunch, but rather an unexplainable, meticulously charted course for one to touch the lives of others and make a difference in the world."
 - Barbara Dillinham

Enjoy your course!



No comments:

Post a Comment