Thursday, July 25, 2013

- FLORENCE 5 -

Thursday, July 25th



Great time yesterday with Diana as we explored the jetty area, Fred Meyer and Old Town shops.  What had started out as a grey, overcast and foggy day, gave way to a most beautiful sunny (though sometimes windy) day.  

We started out driving to the jetty area where several people were fishing and such.  There was a small beach filled with all kinds of unbroken and partially sand covered shells.  We didn't stay long as it was very windy and chilly.  Up on the parking lot it was much warmer and protected from the wind.

Fred Meyer was next.  This place is huge and probably four times larger than any Raley's market (in California) that I have ever been in.  They have literally everything!  We both found a few things we needed and I decided to do my next grocery shopping here on my way to my future destination.  If it isn't here, I probably don't need it.

We went to Homegrown for lunch.  This place was great.  We had a difficult time deciding on what to get as so many items sounded delicious.  It was!  What is amazing is they grown some of their produce outside the cafe in planters in front and along the sidewalk.  All sorts of lettuce, beans, etc. and it all looked so healthy.  The lettuce for our burgers was probably just picked as they prepared our meal.  I would definitely go back.

The bakery was the next stop and I was glad to find Mitch was working, as well as the owner.  An Italian recipe Gelato helped finish off out lunch.  Amazingly tasty and satisfying.  Diana and I purchased some goodies for later and sat and chatted with Mitch until other customers came to look and buy.  I made a point of talking with the owner about the quality, textures and yummyness  (I know this is not a work however it is how everything tastes to me) of everything I have tried.  A very nice, friendly and smart woman.  She truly knows how to do what she does. 

The produce stand was our last stop and we were sad to discover they were out of tomatoes.  I did purchase some peaches, zucchini and green beans.  Diana purchased some of their home made fresh salsa.  We left happy though both of us will be back for the tomatoes.

While walking around in the Old Town we went to the little town park laden with nice green shrubbery and trees which led us to a view area of the river.  Here was this beautiful green evergreen growing on an old part of a dock.  It appeared healthy and I was baffled as to how it was living.  I think it would be a wonderful decorated Christmas tree.  So, any ideas as to how this tree is living in these conditions?



To all those celebrating today,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Bonnie!




Life is not measured by
how many breaths we take
but by the moments that
take our breath away.
saying on a picture in Fred Meyer

Enjoy your moments!

2 comments:

  1. I love your adventures and pictures..Makes me feel like I am there with you!!
    So happy you are getting to see all these wonderful sights..
    Love the tree..Need to go back and decorate next Xmas!
    Hugs and Love
    Have fun!Keep on blogging!!!
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Susan! It is a wonderful adventure and you are welcome to join me at Christmas to decorate this adorable tree. That is, of course, if we can get to it. Hope you are well. Hugs and Smiles!!!

    ReplyDelete