Wednesday, July 24, 2013

- FLORENCE 4 -

Wednesday, July 24th


Siuslaw River, sand dunes and the ocean

How time flies when one is having fun.  I am amazed as to it being almost the end of July already.  It seems as though It is last October and I just embarked on my Adventure.  And yet I have so many wonderful memories of the things I have experienced since then.  And to think in a few months it will have been a year.  Wow!!!

Yesterday Diana and I took a walk to one of the dunes where the people with their ATV's where racing each other to the top.  The pictures fail to do the size of this dune justice.  It is rather steep, as well, and something I was happy others were doing instead of me.  Those participating seemed to be having a lot of fun.




The colorful jackets are on riders watching as an ATV (small black dot) goes up the hill.  
We also watched as the closer we got to the dunes, the fog showed up and moved in and out.  This brought cooler temperatures so we headed back to the park and shelter.  We could actually see it being blown in and out with the wind.  Sitting in the laundry room was a good respite after our walk.

All racers getting ready for the "Go."
Today we are headed into Florence to do a few errands, gather produce from the Farmer's Market people, have lunch and, of course, visit the bakery.  It will be a fun trip even though the fog looks as though it will be with us all day.  I am glad my other visit to Florence was a sunny day.  It will make for a good comparison.

So, while this park is mostly dirt and trees, the area around the activity center has some beautiful flowers and grass that is struggling to be green.  Again, hydrangeas of the most intense colors.  The purple is stunning and I imagine the pale pink one is lovely, though most of its blossoms are faded at the moment.  I love flowers.

The park feels very peaceful and quiet this morning.  I suspect since the fog is upon us most people are hunkered in and avoiding the damp cool air.  I enjoy walking in it because everything about nature seems to be resting and regaining energy for whatever is coming.  What it does to my hair is an entirely different matter.  We will not talk about this.


I love crock pots too.  I made some soup which simmered while Diana and I were out on our walk. When I stepped back into my little home on wheels the aroma was wonderful.  Having a little rye bread along with it made it all perfect.  I had a small bit of fudge for dessert and voila!  Left over soup for tonight.  Yummm!





To all those celebrating today,
Happy Birthday!



A special "Hi" to all my readers
in Russia!



"It does not do to dwell on dreams
and forget to live."
Professor Dumbledore
Harry Potter

Enjoy your living!

No comments:

Post a Comment