Monday, July 29, 2013

- NESKOWIN 2 -

Monday, July 29th




Yesterday had a foggy start though it was the first time I actually saw one of the bunnies.  It looked very much the same as the one my son had as a child.  It was gray with a little white around the neck and quite fluffy.  It was busy nibbling away around the grasses near the rear of an RV.  Very cute.

While I was walking through the park I saw a woman I thought I recognized.  It turns out she was a guest at Klamath while I was there.  She has two adorable little dogs and one is just a puppy.  She said the puppy is quite anxious here and actually bit her when she was getting the pup back in their RV.  Seems as though there is too much activity for it here.

By the time I started my walk to the beach and the town of Neskowin, the sun was just peaking through.   When the sun does shine, it gets quite warm, though for me it is pleasant.  There are lots of flowers that appear to be a sort of wild orchid.

  Any thoughts on what they really are?  They were all along the roadway and added to the nice and easy stroll to town.  I have noticed them and the foxglove a lot lately on my drives.  It seems they both grow everywhere.



The beach area is clean and has the deep sand that is a challenge to walk on.  Really gets the leg muscles working.  As usual, the sand close to the surf is firmer and makes for much easier walking.  To my surprise there is a large rock, very similar to Morro Rock, at the waters edge.  The only difference in appearance is it has trees growing on top.  It is called "Proposal Rock."  The Inn nearby is named the same.  I was unaware if anyone was actually in the process.

There were beach goers though a lot less than I expected.  Some were playing football, some just laying out and enjoying the rays and others simply walking in the surf as the tide was working its way out.  The surf was rather rough and generated quite a bit of spray which filled the surrounding area with a fine mist.  This makes for muted pictures.  Oh well, it was still beautiful.

Today I attempted to make a reservation at a resort in Seaside, Oregon only to find out they are full until September.  So it is on to Seaview, Washington.  This will also be a longer drive than I prefer which means the next day will be a recovery day. 
Find the bee?

This park is almost right on the beach.  They indicate there is horseback riding available nearby.  I might have to look into this.  Biggest issue is there will be no cell or hotspot service.  I'm unsure how far I will need to walk to be in contact with the rest of the world.  Guess I'll find out. 

This morning is the typical fog and it is very calm.  I heard different bird sounds this morning which was good as up until now it has been mostly the sounds of crows.  What I heard was very unfamiliar so I may have to do some searching to see if I can identify what is out there.

There is a sweet little creek here that is probably rushing in the winter and rainy seasons.  I think it rains here more than I realize.  The creek runs along the east border of the park and in areas where there are rocks the rippling sounds are wonderful.





To all those celebrating today,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Heidi!




"Glorious intoxication of the soul
is the reward for all
who seek it in the
bosom of Nature."
- Kahlil Gibran
Patterns of Happiness

Enjoy your reward"

No comments:

Post a Comment