Thursday, July 11, 2013

- KLAMATH 5 -

Thursday, July 11th



Yesterday was great fun. I went with another couple (camp hosts from here in the park) to Crescent City for supplies. Prior to arriving in Crescent City we decided to go through the redwood stands in Jedediah Smith River State Park and the Stout Grove. Wow! The trees are amazing and each is so very different from one another. I found myself sighing and saying “Wow!” a lot.



Some have these wonderful burls that protrude from the tree and using ones imagination, any number of things can be seen in them. Rather the same as looking at clouds. We were able to see some very impressive ones. And one, as a man admitted, is how he looks in the morning. We all laughed.



The fallen trees have such beautiful root systems. Each one so intricate and distinct. It was visible how the trees had decayed from the inside out. The colors of the layers, fire damage and the weather have left their marks on these magnificent parts of nature. Pictures fail to capture the beauty and dramatic charge of all that we saw.



The redwoods here reminded me of the grove at Muir Woods. I used to visit there as often as possible because they are so magical and peaceful and invigorating all at the same time. Muir Woods attracts tourists and travelers from around the world. Some of them actually recognize the wonder of it all.



I think the three of us could have stayed longer to soak up more of the energy of the trees. We had, however, to be back at the park for an ice cream social and card bingo, and we still had yet to go to Crescent City. So, we thanked the trees, and scurried off to accomplish our original mission and be back to the park on time. It was close, though we made it.



It was windy and sunny when we returned. I accomplished a few things and then went to enjoy ice cream (remember, my favorite food?), and then we played card bingo. It was good fun and I ended up winning two games of the eight we played, sharing one win with another person. This is great, so now I have enough winnings to have more ice cream and play more games. Works for me.



Today will probably include a short walk. It is foggy and overcast and a good day for me to accomplish some things needing to be done. I am very grateful to be able to be here through Saturday. More time to truly enjoy and soak in the wonderful energies of this area. From all I am hearing from other travelers, this is probably one of the best RV parks to visit. It ranks right up there with the park in Morro Bay for me. So, I guess I'll just have to see how the rest of it is as I go.



There were a lot of over night guests last night. When I got up this morning, the park felt very full. And now most of them have left already and it feels almost vacant. The dynamic of an RV park is constantly changing. It is kind of fun and interesting because one just never knows what to expect and who you might come across. Several couples here last night were from Michigan, so we connected a bit. And have come across quite a few people from the surrounding Sacramento area.







To all those celebrating today,
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday, Annie!
Happy Birthday, Barbara!
Happy Birthday, Grace!





Enjoy your touch of nature!

No comments:

Post a Comment