Friday, July 12, 2013

- KLAMATH 6 -

Friday, July 12th



Yesterday was a day around the RV park.  Walks, visits with others and simply enjoying the area.  There was another ice cream social with card bingo and card golf afterwards.  Lots of fun with different people and arriving home at 9:39 pm, which is almost  my bedtime.  Another beautiful day.  



One of the camp hosts and I walked around the park before heading to our respective homes and at different areas there were campfires with people chatting and staying warm.  There was another campfire with folks playing the guitar and singing.  And the people staying next to me were headed off to a campfire to roast marshmallows and make s'more's.  



It was a clear night and very calm.  This made for a chilly night.  Sometime during the night the fog snuck up on us and when I awoke this morning, it was still here.  This just seems to be the weather pattern here.  It makes for cool nights and mornings with warming sun appearing in the mid to late mornings.  Sometimes it is windy and other times it is calm.  Overall, very pleasant.



There are currently people here from the hotter states, such as Arizona.  They and others are escaping the heat of the valleys and deserts.  This is definitely a great place to do just that.  Every night I need to use my light weight down blanket.  Love that.



Today I am figuring out my next place to stay.  I think I will end up somewhere along the southern Oregon coast.  I may as well enjoy the coast before I eventually head inland.  I have been along this part of the coast before though it has been many years and I am certain things have changed considerably.  I doubt I will recognize anything.


Since we ate all of the ice cream last night, some of the volunteers here will make the trip into Eureka to replenish the stock.  Good ice cream.  Cascade Ice Cream Company. It is made in Oregon so I am thinking I will be able to get it as I make my way through the state.  I do need to find a good homemade candy store soon.  I am out of fudge and caramels.  Yikes!



The local Native Americans have been catching salmon in the river here.  Some of the people here at the park are catching perch.  Some are doing a lot of wishing and coming up empty handed.  I am just watching and listening and hoping everyone is able to catch something for their efforts.  Fresh fish is very wonderful.


These pictures were all taken in Jedediah Smith River State Park.

To all those celebrating today,
Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday, Schylar!











Enjoy your spirit!

No comments:

Post a Comment