Tuesday, July 23, 2013

- FLORENCE 3 -

Tuesday, July 23rd



Ah, I love how the universe works its magic!.  Again, my timing is being shifted.  I was scheduled to leave Florence on the 24th, however where I am going will only accept me on the 26th.  So, I get to stay another two nights here and then five nights in Neskowin.  This keeps me on my seven nights stay along my path.  Funny how it all works out.  

This, of course, allows me more time at the bakery.  I have tested all the goodies I purchased and they are all wonderful.  I absolutely have to get more of the rye bread and freeze it.  It has the best flavor for a rye bread that I have ever had.  

The cupcake, well, we just won't go there.  The cake part alone was to die for and the ganache was marvelous.  All the other items could be purchased again though I think the bread is what I will get more of for future enjoyment.  Sweet Magnolia Bakery almost tops the French Bakery in Morro Bay.  Though here they offer several gluten and dairy free goodies.  Darlene would be in heaven here.

The Old Town has put up these clever street signs that give the distance to all the other Florence places in the world and then another one with the distances to Florence cities in the US.  It was difficult to get the right angle to capture the uniqueness of these fun signs in a photo.

While I was crossing the bridge back to the RV park I was looking at a grey colored thing in the water that turned out to be a seal.  Just when I was feeling the worst for whatever it was, it dove under the water.  Boy, was I glad. 

Did I mention the Bakery also has gelato?  I watched as Mitch served some at a table filled with customers and I was drooling.  Apparently it is an authentic recipe from Italy and I think I must try it before I leave.  Otherwise I would need to return sometime in the future to do so.  And that would be alright too.

While doing laundry yesterday I started chatting with Diana, another laundry doer.  Tomorrow we will go into Florence so I can introduce her to the Bakery, get some fresh produce and do some other fun things.  The Homegrown Cafe has been recommended as a good place to eat and since it is rather close to the bakery, I think we will give it a try.  I really have only seen the Old Town area and I suspect there are other great parts of this City. It will be fun to check it out.

Today is more of a day to clean a little and get things in order.  I think I am caught up with paperwork for now and can do other needed bill paying once I am in Neskowin.  Some things just never seem to change.  Although I am very thrilled this is a much less of a need now.  Yea!

So, while I was staying in Klamath there was a couple that joined in for the ice cream social and some cards playing afterwards.  We all had great fun together and then they moved on further north along the Oregon Coast.  

A few days after I arrived here I was walking around in the park and noticed these people getting out of a car and thinking they looked familiar.  It was this same couple.  We got together and played cards and then they moved on.  We exchanged emails and now when I leave here I will be at the same park where they are now.  Since I am delayed from my original arrival there, we will only have one evening to share before they travel on.  We'll see if our travels synchronize again.  Life is curious.



To all those celebrating today,
Happy Birthday!

Happy Birthday, Vicki!



"Love is the real work of your life.
It is your spiritual path...
...It is the key
to your growth and evolution."
 Robert Holden
Lovability


Enjoy your key!

No comments:

Post a Comment