Monday, July 8, 2013

- KLAMATH 2 -

Monday, July 8th

Morning fog being blown away by the wind.


Let's hope I am back on track with the blog thing.  It has been very strange to be thinking it is all working fine and discover that was not the case.  So far, so good.  The park here has a much stronger signal than my hot spot.  

This park is so much more peaceful than any others I have stayed at up until now.  I think the grass sites make a huge difference.  There is a lot less dust and a lot more trees.  There are evergreens here plus deciduous trees that rustle when the wind blows.  Both make the most wonderful sounds with the wind.

This side of the river.
And the song birds seem to sing almost twenty four hours a day.  It is such a delight to listen to them.  I took a walk along a short path through the trees this morning and and heard them up close.  

There are also tons of ferns growing very happily.  I suspect the wet winters are the perfect environment for them.  Plus during the summer months, they get coastal fog in the mornings and filtered sun in the afternoons.  This seems to be the pattern almost every day here.  The wind is what clears out the fog anytime starting about 9 or 10 am every day.


Tenters enjoying a riverside campsite.
Today seems to be a bit more windy and cooler so I think I will walk to the ocean beach tomorrow, which is about two miles away.  I will simply enjoy the surroundings here, which are wonderful.

If one chooses, they can work here for the six months they are open.  They close the other six months because there is too much rain.  One of the couples working here now have a home in San Diego and Truckee. which they split their time between during the winter months.  This would be a great place to spend the summer months.


The club house where everyone has coffee in the mornings.  The hydrangeas are huge!!!
I have extended my stay through Saturday night, leaving on Sunday for where, I don't know yet.  I really prefer the few hour drives rather than a marathon drive day.  I am gradually figuring this thing out.  Less driving and staying longer where I land.  It is difficult when looking at maps and reading reviews to truly know where I would like to stay for a longer time until I get there and feel the area.  I am getting better at it.

As I said, I feel very comfortable here.  Almost as though I am at home.  The trees, the water, the flowers and the friendly people make it really nice.  Plus, there is ice cream available at the little store/office.  And since I know one can live on ice cream, because it is possible I will run low of food by Sunday morning, it just may have to be ice cream to sustain me.  Works for me.


Please say a prayer for my niece, Sheay, for a successful recovery.  Thank you!


To all of those who have a birthday today,
Happy Birthday!

Sweet little waterfall and pond.


"If you focus on what you left behind, you'll never be able to see
what lies ahead."
 - Chef Gusteau
 - Ratatoullie


Enjoy your focus!

No comments:

Post a Comment