Saturday, July 13, 2013

- KLAMATH 7 -

Saturday, July 13th



Yesterday was doing all kinds of little things.  Cleaning, walking and continuing to be in awe of this place.  It is definitely a piece of heaven on earth.  I could stay here longer and then not make it to Mt. Rushmore this year. Well, if that is what happens, then so be it.

The card I am waiting for has yet to arrive.  The post master here in Klamath was kind enough to let me call her to see if it had arrived today.  She checked the RV park's box and general delivery.  Nothing.  I called the membership company yesterday after going to the post office and finding it was not there.  The computer system was down so the office was closed.  Left two messages at two different extensions.

So, this means I am here at least until Monday and longer if the card fails to arrive then.  It is difficult to understand how some companies can stay in business with this kind of non attention to detail and not doing what you say you are going to do.  The person I have been in contact with will not be thrilled with my phone call Monday.

This morning was the first morning since I have been here that the sun was shinning (fog free) when I woke up. There were traces of fog and mist just above the water which was as smooth as glass.  Wind free and calm and serene. Absolutely a beautiful morning.

I could see the Native Americans putting out their fishing nets in the cove just down stream from the park.  Joe, here in the park caught a small rainbow trout and released it.  I urged him to catch a twenty pound salmon and he set about doing so.  Unsure of his results yet.  I also reminded him that he would need to share.  His wife, Sheri, was busy making coffee for the morning club house gathering of travelers.

I finally was able to wash my RV.  It has been through ocean salt air, wind, rain and I can't recall all else.  What a difference.  Now I want to wash the windows and screens. Then I will be able to see all around me without thinking it is cloudy.  Not really,,,

I washed some clothes and watered some of the grassy area around my RV.  I think because of the wind, it drys out rather quickly.  They have sprinklers going every day here. With such a huge grass area for all of the RV's and tents, it takes a lot of maintenance.  They all do an amazing job.

There is another ice cream social this evening followed by some card bingo.  There are a few returning guests and some new ones and I'm certain it will be great fun for all. Who can turn down ice cream?  No one from my family, that is for sure.

There were fewer RV's in the park last night.  It seemed rather odd since it was a Friday night.  This afternoon it seems as though more travelers are driving in.  Perhaps we can entice them to the ice cream social and games.



To all those celebrating today,
Happy Birthday!




Enjoy your free speech!

No comments:

Post a Comment