Tuesday, July 2, 2013

- WESTPORT -



I spent three days and nights in Fort Bragg.  It gave me a chance to catch up on paperwork and bill paying.  It always feels good to have that completed.

This campground also had several permanent residents and many that were there for months at a time.  Lots of fishermen who were very successful yesterday.  Three large salmon.  I was tempted to help myself to the huge one hanging, however, I suspect they may have frowned upon my actions.  I just drooled a little.


I also took a good walk into the town of Fort Bragg.  This included a walk along the cliffs overlooking the many coves that are part of this northern coastline.  There are flowers I am unfamiliar with and lots of dog walkers.  So, I was fortunate to get my dog fix.  


Lots of historic buildings and little shops.  It was a little warmer than what they are used to around here and almost everyone was in the home made ice cream store.  The line was out the door.  There was a bakery though it failed to speak to me.  I did locate the local candy store.  Mendocino Chocolate Company.  I got some fudge (a little each of mocha latte and chocolate) and it is very good.  I think it is right up there with Crill's in Morro Bay.  I have their card and perhaps they ship.


It was a lovely drive along the coast this morning as I made my way to Westport.  This is a tiny town and it seems as though the main part is the RV campgrounds itself.  The spots are right along the beach.  It was a bit warm when I arrived and now the fog is in just a little, cooling it off.  Sounds of birds are good and it is quiet.  I am certain that will change on the 4th.  I plan on moving on the 5th.


I am getting faster at getting my RV hooked up and disconnected.  It is amazing how different each place is.  I have only been at a few and none are exactly the same.  I am only hoping they are familiar enough that I can figure it out on my own.  I can always contact the office if I need.



There is a red lab with its people next to me.  I met them and they live in Rocklin, which is just a stones throw from Auburn.  It would seem that there are going to be a lot of synchronicities throughout my Adventure.  Much fun.





To all those having birthdays today, Happy Birthday!


"The mere fact that you are interested
and excited about doing something
is all the evidence you need
that inspiration is right in front of you
begging you to pay attention to it."

 - Dr. Wayne Dyer

Enjoy your excitement!

No comments:

Post a Comment